Xclusive MMA talks about the two most important mix martial arts to master. This ancient martial art is also known as “the science of eight limbs.” In the art of Muay Thai, the hands, elbows knees, and shins are used as weapons, thus enabling the practitioner to make use of any part of his body a weapon to defend himself or a loved one.
Muay Thai training methods develop devastating power, speed, and superb cardio-vascular endurance. The training, although challenging is also safe. Muay Thai training incorporates the use of Thai pads to allow the practitioner to strike with devastating power in a safe and controlled environment. The Thai Pads also allows the trainer to touch the practitioner during pad work, testing the practitioner’s reflexes to move away or block the strike.
The art has also proven to be very effective outside the ring and has been embraced enthusiastically by practitioners from law enforcement and the military as a no-nonsense approach to self-defense. It is also used in MMA where an MMA fighter will use Muay Thai as part of their stand-up arsenal.
WHY YOU WOULD WANT A MUAY THAI TRAINING
• Great cardio workout as Muay Thai is a very fast paced martial art.
• Pad work tones muscles due to the resistance the partner and pads offer.
• Relieve stress and hit the pads. Allows the practitioner to practice the techniques with full power in a safe environment.
• Ideal for body coordination as Muay Thai is a martial art that works all planes of movement.
• It is a basis for self-defense. The techniques are basic, efficient and easy to learn with no flashy moves.
• Competitions. This opens a lot of doors in becoming the best in the world. The practitioners can compete in various tournaments in Honolulu, local parts of the United Stated and, or internationally.
A two minute video of Original Thai Trainer in Muay Thai Training
Let us tackle the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, also known as BJJ. Its founder Helio Gracie won numerous tournaments against bigger and stronger opponents using this martial art.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu does not focus on strikes, but instead the techniques use the concepts of weight displacement, space, and leverage to overcome an opponent.
Because of these concepts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu enables a smaller and weaker person to defeat a larger and stronger opponent. This has made Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a very technically effective martial art.
The techniques include throws, takedowns, joint locks, and chokes. It also teaches the practitioner how to escape from the various techniques, and how to counter them. It is also used in MMA where an MMA fighter will use Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as part of their ground fighting arsenal.
REASONS WHY YOU WOULD LOVE BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU
A simple video of Jiu Jitsu Introduction
• Practitioners with common complications can train, as BJJ techniques do not have any impact on the joints.
• Builds agility on the ground as most methods are executed from the ground.
• Allows a smaller, weaker person to overcome a larger, stronger person.
• Allows the practitioner to practice at full speed and power to resemble a real fight or competition safely.
• Competitions – The practitioners can compete in the various tournament in Honolulu or internationally.